Professional Business Solutions 4 U, LLC is a virtual company and we have used various programs for remote access and support over the years. As more and more of you venture into using remote access solutions in your own company, we thought it would be useful to you if we mentioned a few of the programs we have used successfully. We have not met most of our clients in person, yet by utilizing these services – it is almost like I am right there on-site.
I typically use WebEx, through QuickBooks®, for the remote support/consulting services that I offer; however, there have been times that I have needed to use another service. I have also had the opportunity to use different solutions because a client has an account or preferred method of their own.
In general, it is good to have options. You never know when a service is down or you run into a conflict with a particular browser.
All of these programs offer a free version or a free trial. Your specific needs will determine which solution (or solutions) will be the right fit for you or your company. This is not an all-inclusive list and we would love to hear what your favorite solution is. In case anyone is wondering, I am not affiliated with any of the programs mentioned below – these just happen to be the solutions I have used and really like.
- GoToAssist – this is a nice option if you offer remote consulting services. Once the attendees join your session, it allows you to view and control your client’s computer – just as if you were sitting right there beside them. I find GoToAssist is used a good deal by people who offer a lot of technical support.
- GoToMeeting – with GoToMeeting you can host an on-line meeting or training session for up to 15 people. You can share your computer screen or pass access to another attendee and view/work with their machine. This is a great option if you host webinars or typically have more than one other attendee.
- GoToMyPC – many of my clients use GoToMyPC to access their office machines from their home or anywhere they have internet access. I have found the screen response time to be very good. You are able to print to your local printer and easily transfer files back and forth; it makes remote support/bookkeeping very easy.
- LogMeIn – another favorite of many of my clients and there are numerous options available to meet your needs. The free version is wonderful, offering an easy and convenient way to log into your office computer from anywhere and work. The Pro version offers the ability to remotely print to your local computer and easily transfer files. I have found the screen refresh rates to be very good with LogMeIn and use it regularly. They also offer a few other programs, so be sure to check them out.
- Mikogo – a free, easy to use, cross-platform program that we came across a while back and really like it. It’s easy to start/join a meeting for you or your client and makes remote support a snap. At the moment it doesn’t offer as many features as some of the other products, however, it’s a great solution to have in your “toolbox” if you do remote support.
- TeamViewer – offers a free and paid version depending on your needs. I’ve used the free version several times and find it very quick and easy to use for everyone. Your client can be connected and see your computer in seconds, or you can be connected to your client’s computer just as quickly. The screen refresh rate has always been very good for me.
- Remote Desktop Connection – RDC comes free with many versions of Windows. I find it takes a bit more knowledge then most people are comfortable with. You can read more about it on the Microsoft website or within the Help on your computer.
As I mentioned above, I’d love to hear what your favorite remote desktop solution is – please click on the Comment option below and drop me a note.
2 Responses to Tools & Services To Work Remotely With Your Computer and QuickBooks®
- What is Share a Refund?
- New Webinar: Marketplace Reporting for Amazon
- QuickBooks 2017 R5 Problems
- IRS Changes in W-2 & 1099 Filing Deadlines in 2017
- QuickBooks Desktop Update
- Microsoft Update Causes Problems for Stone Edge Users
- CommCon 2016 Update – New Owner of Stone Edge is Coming!
- Communiqué & Stone Edge User Conference 2016
- UPDATE: Critical QuickBooks Security Update
- Beware of Spam: Critical QuickBooks Security Update
- How To Contact Professional Business Solutions 4 U, LLC
- CommCon 2016 Update - New Owner of Stone Edge is Coming!
- Stone Edge Training & Resources
- Welcome to Professional Business Solutions 4 U, LLC
- QuickBooks & eCommerce Blog
- Importing Saved Internet Explorer Favorites to a New Computer
- QuickBooks® and eCommerce Integration Consulting, Support & Training Services
- eCommerce and QuickBooks® Consulting & Integration Retainer
- QuickBooks® Add-Ons Data Transfer & Remote Solutions