McWilliams & Associates, Inc. – For the Love of Business Newsletter Issue 4.16: April 26, 2005
Question – I am using QuickBooks® Online for my bookkeeping and PayCycle for my payroll as recommended by Intuit. PayCycle keeps track of all the payroll taxes I pay. My questions are:
- Do I need to double book the payroll expenses for every paycheck in QuickBooks® Online (QBOL), when they are already in PayCycle?
- Is there a way to have PayCycle automatically enter the amounts in QuickBooks® Online (QBOL) (this may be a questions for PayCycle).
Submitted by Todd.
In answer to the first question: No you do not need to “double book the payroll” when using PayCycle. There is an easy way to integrate the information you already have in PayCycle to your QuickBooks® Online file. The first step is to establish the connection of your PayCycle account to your QuickBooks® Online file; this is accomplished by choosing ‘Online Edition’ as your general ledger accounts. This set-up can be found under Account -> Preferences in Paycycle. If you have not already set up payroll accounts in your Online Edition, PayCycle will set them up for you the first time you export your data; it’s that easy!
For the second part, you can contact PayCycle if you want, but, when you export your data, with just one click in PayCycle, all the amounts and details will be sent and posted into your Online account. For instructions, PayCycle has provided a .pdf complete with screen shots of the process.
- Do You Bank with Capital One and Use QuickBooks?
- Year-End Accounting for Stone Edge Order Manager Users
- What is Share a Refund?
- New Webinar: Marketplace Reporting for Amazon
- QuickBooks 2017 R5 Problems
- IRS Changes in W-2 & 1099 Filing Deadlines in 2017
- QuickBooks Desktop Update
- Microsoft Update Causes Problems for Stone Edge Users
- CommCon 2016 Update – New Owner of Stone Edge is Coming!
- Communiqué & Stone Edge User Conference 2016